Reza is a corporate lawyer specialising in the energy and natural resources sector.
Reza advises on complex cross-border transactions in the energy and natural resources sectors with a particular focus in the oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), and power sub-sectors. He advises high-profile clients on some of their most prestigious and challenging matters to take place in the market, including first entries into both mature and emerging markets throughout Europe, Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East. His experience ranges from mergers and acquisitions to project development and long term supply arrangements.
" The oil price collapse – UK regulators to the rescue?", The In-House Lawyer Summer 2016
LLB - St Hugh's College, Oxford– 2002
BCL (LLM) – Oxford – 2003
LLM – NYU – 2005
New York 2007
England and Wales 2009
Reza is fluent in English and Farsi.
Experience & expertise
- a consortium on the proposed acquisition of 51% of National Grid's gas distribution business
- BP on agreements with Kosmos Energy to acquire a 62% working interest, including operatorship, of Kosmos’ exploration blocks in Mauritania and a 32.49% effective working interest in Kosmos’ Senegal exploration blocks
- BP on its acquisition of additional interests in the US$12 billion West Nile Delta gas field, offshore Egypt from Dea
- E.ON SE on its disposal by way of auction of a package of Norwegian CS assets for US$1.6 billion to Letter 1 including drafting the sale and purchase agreement and the escrow agreement
- a confidential client on the restructuring of their joint venture arrangements in the North Sea and on the decommissioning of its interests in the associated offshore platform and pipeline infrastructure
- BG Group on the auction process and documentation for the sale of its equity interests and senior debt in the Chilean LNG regasification terminal GNL Quintero to Spanish national gas grid operator Enagas S.A for US$352 million
- Chevron on the sale of downstream fuels marketing and aviation businesses in the Caribbean and Central and South America
- BG Group in relation to various matters relating to Egyptian LNG including gas supply, tolling and the structuring, negotiation and drafting of long-term offtake terms
- a confidential client in the proposed acquisition of shale assets in Poland