Matthew represents and advises a wide range of corporate clients in complex commercial disputes. Matthew has a particular focus on class actions and regulatory and contractual-related disputes. He has advised clients in the energy, oil and gas, transport, healthcare, mining, telecommunications, retail and food sectors.
Matthew's experience includes:
- acting for a major telecommunications company in relation to a dispute with a government agency concerning the provision of outsourced telecommunications services
- acting for a large electricity company in relation to two bushfire class actions in Victoria, Australia
- acting for a number of target companies being acquired by bidders pursuant to schemes of arrangement in the Supreme Court of Victoria
- acting for a large funds management company in relation to its claim against sellers of an energy generation business for breaches of warranties and for misleading and deceptive conduct
- acting for an independent food wholesaler in its successful defence of injunction proceedings brought by the Australian Competition Consumer Commission seeking to block the company’s acquisition of a rival supermarket business
Based in London, Matthew previously worked in the firm's Melbourne office.
Matthew holds a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce from Monash University, Victoria. He also holds a Master of Law (Class I) from the University of Cambridge.
Matthew is a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria and is admitted to practice in Australian federal courts.