Maria is a Russian-qualified lawyer specialising in dispute resolution. She has been involved in proceedings before Russian state courts and international arbitration tribunals and developed a particular expertise on contractual and corporate disputes and claims involving bankruptcy and restructuring proceedings. Maria also advises on labour law issues.
Maria's experience includes advising:
- an independent private investment group in several corporate disputes against one of the major Russian companies
- an investment bank in the LCIA arbitration in London in relation to the claim for breach of a deed of settlement and release, including obtaining freezing orders in the US, France, Germany
- two subsidiaries of Raven Russia in parallel ICAC arbitrations against Russian major retailer in connection with defaults under the lease agreements
- a syndicate of banks in a set of litigation and arbitration proceedings for enforcement of a credit facility provided to a group of Kazakh and Russian commodities producers operating eight oil depots in Kazakhstan, including LCIA arbitration against a Kazakh company, obtaining freezing orders for up to US$300 million in Russia and insolvency proceeding in Kazakhstan
- a state Irish bank in a multi-jurisdictional proceedings initiated in Russia, Cyprus, Ireland and UK on the recovery of securities and assets from Quinn Aoife family related to the recovery of indebtedness under facility agreement