Eamon advises corporates and individuals on a range of contentious issues relating to bribery and corruption, fraud, money laundering, sanctions, corporate manslaughter and health & safety offences. Eamon has experience of internal and external investigations, and advising corporates and individuals facing enforcement or regulatory action from agencies such as HMRC, Metropolitan Police, SFO, FCA and the CPS.
He also advises corporates on non-contentious matters in relation to their internal anti-bribery and corruption, anti-money laundering, modern slavery / forced labour and sanctions compliance.
Eamon's recent experience includes advising and acting for:
- an individual being prosecuted for suspected fraud offences
- a publicly listed company regarding an internal investigation into potential tax fraud
- an international mining company in relation to potential bribery offences in South America
- a manufacturer on potential corporate manslaughter and health and safety offences in relation to the Grenfell Tower Inquiry*
- an international construction company in relation to an investigation into potential export controls and sanctions breaches resulting in a successful settlement*
*experience prior to HSF
Eamon previously worked at the Serious Fraud Office as an investigative lawyer, and at a specialist criminal litigation firm, where he acted for Post Office Limited in relation to the review of a number of historical criminal convictions and criminal appeals.