Ena is a commercial litigator with a particular focus on construction, resources and mining disputes.
Ena works with clients to resolve their complex commercial disputes. She has a wide variety of commercial dispute resolution experience, having acted on:
- significant construction disputes involving delay claims, time bars, variation claims, liquidated damages claims and calls on security
- litigation and arbitrations involving complex contractual interpretation questions
- disputes between power utilities, contractors, suppliers and customers in relation to infrastructure projects
- land administration, valuation and planning disputes.
Ena also assists with coordinating Herbert Smith Freehills’ pro bono practice in Perth.
Ena joined Herbert Smith Freehills in 2014 after graduating from the University of Western Australia with a Bachelor of Laws (with Distinction) and a Bachelor of Commerce (with a double major in Corporate Finance and Investment Finance).
Ena was admitted to practice as a barrister and solicitor in Western Australia in November 2014 and is admitted to practice in the Federal and High Courts of Australia. She is a member of the Law Society of Western Australia.
Experience & expertise
- a global mining company to recover cost overruns from a contractor in relation to the construction of major mining infrastructure in WA
- a global oil and gas company in relation to a major LNG project, involving defective works claims, insurance law issues and other contractual issues
- a State utility in relation to a land acquisition and land valuation dispute
- a global company operating in the mineral sands sector in defending a class action against it in the Federal Court of Australia.