David advises international and domestic private equity houses, financial sponsors, their portfolio companies and management teams on a wide range of matters, including leveraged buyouts, acquisitions and disposals, shareholder and management incentive arrangements, joint ventures, restructurings and refinancings.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, David’s experience includes advising:
- Thoma Bravo on the £3.1 billion recommended cash offer for Sophos, a global leader in next-generation cybersecurity solutions
- BC Partners on its acquisition of a majority stake in United Group, a leading media and communication services provider across Southeast Europe, from KKR
- United Group on its acquisition of Tele2 Croatia
- Permira on its acquisition of Cisco’s Service Provider Video Software Solutions business
- a sovereign wealth fund on the disposal of its stake in a national telecoms operator
- Macquarie (MIRA Funds), Allianz Capital Partners and the Finnish State Pension Fund on their €3.6b acquisition of Finnish power distributor Elenia Networks
- Permira on its acquisition of a stake in Swedish headquartered fintech company Klarna
- Cinven, Permira and Mid Europa Partners on their acquisition of Allegro Group, Poland’s leading online market place, from Naspers for $3.253b
David has a bachelor of laws (first class) from the University of Durham. He is qualified in England and Wales and joined Herbert Smith Freehills in 2020.