Anna is Of Counsel in the corporate team at Herbert Smith Freehills in Dubai.
Anna advises clients in relation to multi-jurisdictional mergers, acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, corporate restructurings and general corporate advisory matters throughout the Middle East, Europe and beyond.
Prior to joining the firm in September 2018 Anna spent over 11 years working with two US law firms in the City of London.
Experience & expertise
- Uber B.V. on its $3.1 billion acquisition of Careem, the largest provider of internet-led transportation in the Middle East. This is the biggest ever technology acquisition in the Middle East
- Aramex, a leading listed logistics provider, on the disposal of InfoFort, a multi-jurisdictional part of its group by way of a competitive auction process
- ASMA Capital Partners, acting in its capacity as investment manager for the IDB Infrastructure Fund II, on its US$ 75 million pre-IPO investment into Brooge Petroleum and Gas Investment Company FZE (BPGIC), through the purchase of convertible notes issued by BPGIC's UK based parent company
- a subsidiary of an Abu Dhabi-based sovereign wealth fund on its acquisition of a majority stake in a gold mining business in Sudan and related shareholder arrangements
- a subsidiary of an Abu Dhabi-based sovereign wealth fund on its development of a high profile vaccination programme in the UAE
- YAS Holding on its acquisition of Wellpharma Medical Facility from Infra Capital PJSC
- The Weir Group PLC on the sale of its Flow Control division to First Reserve, a leading global private equity investment firm focused exclusively on energy
- an international publishing company on the proposed acquisition of a number of pan-Arab titles (newspapers and magazines)