Susannah leads the firm’s Emerging Technology Group in APAC specialising in emerging technology including artificial intelligence, digital assets, smart legal contracts and major projects including automation, renewable energy & infrastructure.
Susannah leads a team of specialist lawyers advising on cutting-edge issues arising with the adoption of emerging technologies in rapidly changing world. She has extensive expertise in major infrastructure projects (including automation and renewable energy) and a keen focus on digital transformation of law. Susannah has over 18 years’ experience with leading firms in Australia, the United Kingdom and Russia.
Susannah is also the global co-head of the Digital Law Group driving digital transformation of law including the development of smart legal contracts and digital business transformation in conjunction HSF’s multidisciplinary teams.
Having worked across multiple jurisdictions, Susannah uses her experience to assist clients navigate complex transactions often in uncertain regulatory environments.
Susannah has a Masters of Laws and Bachelor of Laws from the University of New South Wales and a Bachelor of Commerce/Arts from University of Sydney. She is admitted to Supreme Court of Queensland. She is fluent in French.
She has completed a course on Smart Legal Contract Development and Blockchain at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology.
Susannah is Chair of the Digital Commerce Committee of the Business Law Section of the Law Council of Australia, and Co-Founder and Director of the Digital Law Association.
Experience & expertise
- Numerous clients in relation to various aspects of digital assets, crypto and blockchain technology
- Treasury Wine Estates on the sale and listing of a limited-edition barrel of wine through a Non-Fungible Token on NFT platform Blockbar
- The co-founders in the establishment of a decentralised autonomous organisation for peer-to-peer lending
- The developer of the Forest Wind, 1200MW wind farm in Queensland as a market-led proposal
- Regen Farmers Mutual on the development and use of smart legal contracts as part of a blockchain based market place for environmental credits
- A major resources company in relation to digital transformation of their end to end contracting processes including advice on smart legal contracts
- A major partner to the Australian Human Rights Commission, Human Rights Technology Project’s ground breaking study into algorithmic bias in AI and impacts on human rights
- Minderoo Foundation on data governance and stewardship policy for ethical use of data
- A major resources company on procurement of autonomous haulage capabilities
- Transurban Queensland on the major road upgrade to Logan Motorway as the first successful market-led proposal to the State of Queensland & the construction of a road upgrade to the Inner City Bypass
- Advising on numerous renewable energy projects
- Advising on the acquisition of multiple toll road assets in Brisbane.