Craig advises on all forms of dispute resolution and represents clients as counsel in arbitrations arising on construction, infrastructure and capital projects.
Craig heads the firm's Construction & Infrastructure Disputes Hub in Kuala Lumpur, working with a dedicated team of construction lawyers on projects around the World.
Craig has helped clients resolve some of the most high-profile disputes in the Middle East and Asia. He has 30 years of experience in arbitration and litigation in the infrastructure sector, 27 years of which have been spent in the firm's international offices solving clients' problems in challenging jurisdictions.
He regularly assists clients to resolve disputes over power and water projects, rail, oil and gas infrastructure and disputes under EPC contracts, off-take agreements, and concessions for all types of built asset.
As a construction and infrastructure dispute resolution specialist, with extensive global experience, Craig also understands the latest trends and techniques emerging across markets and industries. He can quickly activate the right resources for clients, helping them to manage even the most complex construction disputes regardless of location or industry.
Craig's infrastructure clients include the private developers of multiple power and water generation plants, developers and contractors for transportation projects, the developers of desalination and steam plants, and the private and public sector developers of some of the world's highest profile building projects.
He also represents banks and financial institutions in court and arbitration proceedings, major defence contractors in the resolution of multi-million dollar disputes with governments, IOCs with drilling disputes, and contractors designing and building oil and gas facilities.
Sitting as an arbitrator, appearing as counsel, and described by Legal 500 as a "tactical master", Craig is ranked in the Chambers, Legal 500 and Who's Who Legal guides for arbitration, construction and dispute resolution.
Craig holds practicing certificates from England and Wales and Hong Kong and is registered as a foreign lawyer with the Malaysian Bar Council.
Experience & expertise
- acting for the developer of a 1,234 MW/48 MIGD power and water in disputes with both its off taker and its EPC contractor
- representing the contractors on two major rail projects in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- appearing for the developers of a 191,000 m3/D reverse osmosis water plant in an arbitration with its EPC contractor
- advising owners in arbitration, expert determinations and litigations in various court systems arising out of a thermal power project in Africa
- assisting the contractors on two of the strategic projects from the Iraqi Ministry of Oil’s Master Plan