Andrew specializes in private M&A, private equity, joint ventures & private funds transactions.
Andrew’s practice includes negotiated acquisitions and disposals, private equity transactions, joint ventures & other shareholder arrangements. He also advises on investments into, and by, private funds, particularly private equity and infrastructure funds.
Andrew’s focus is on delivering commercially valuable advice and developing trusted relationships with his clients.
Andrew appeared in the 2009–2017 editions of Best Lawyers as a leading Australian practitioner in two categories: Leveraged Buy-outs and Private Equity law. He is also named for Mergers & Acquisitions Law and Corporate/Governance Practice. Andrew was Best Lawyers' 2016 Melbourne Leveraged Buyouts "Lawyer of the Year".
Andrew brings a global perspective to his role as a result of spending six years in London working at a leading law firm and throughout his career advising multinational clients on cross border transactions.
Andrew is admitted to practise in Victoria, Australia and in England & Wales.
Andrew holds a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Melbourne. He also has a Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment.
Experience & expertise
- Riverside Private Equity Asia on its’ investments in Superior Waste and IPAR Rehabilitation (including the bolt on of Work Focus Group)
- Australia's sovereign wealth fund, the Future Fund, and the Medical Research Future Fund on dozens of private fund investments and co-investments across a range of sectors including private equity, infrastructure and real estate
- Cargill on the disposal of its interest in Allied Mills Australia to Pacific Equity Partners investee Pinnacle Bakery
- Cargill in relation to its grain pool products and its interest in the Quattro joint venture at Port Kembla
- Driscolls, Inc. on its berry joint venture with Costa Group
- 2XU on its Chinese joint venture with GXG (an L. Catterton Asia investee)
- The shareholders of Australian Consolidated Milk on the sale of their 50% interest in Pactum Dairy Group to their joint venture partner, ultimately owned by Freedom Foods Group
- Shareholders in Geotech Engineering Group, including Tanarra Private Equity, on the sale of their interests to Acciona
- Lazard Private Equity on its investment in debt finance specialist Scottish Pacific and subsequent exit to Next Capital
- Gunns in its acquisition of ITC sawmill assets from Elders, and forestry assets from Great Southern, including the replacement of the responsible entity of various Great Southern managed investment schemes
- Various operators in the route-bus industry, including the sale of Grenda Transit Management to Ventura Motors; Kefford Group to ComfortDelGro Cabcharge Pty Ltd; and Reservoir Bus Group to L.C. Dyson's Bus Services. Andrew has also advised operators on their service contracts with the relevant State or Territory