Alexander is a partner in our Energy, Natural Resources and Infrastructure Finance team in Riyadh.
Alexander focuses on energy, natural resources and infrastructure matters. He has extensive experience advising on project developments, project financing, and acquisitions and disposals of energy and natural resources assets. Alexander has particular expertise in restructuring difficult projects.
Alexander's sector experience includes a wide range of oil and gas, energy transition, mining, power and infrastructure assets across many jurisdictions.
“Alexander shows huge theoretical knowledge and practical experience” Chambers Global, Energy & Natural Resources
"He provides practical and innovative solutions based on many years of experience“ Chambers Global, Banking & Finance
Alexander is a key member of our market-leading team considered as the 'platinum' standard in the energy, natural resources and infrastructure sectors for providing top quality service to clients. Our sector specialists deliver expert support on some of the most complex energy transition and decarbonisation projects (including CCUS), renewables and power projects, world-class mining projects, large-scale oil and gas projects and first-of-a-kind infrastructure projects. We continue to support our clients, and have done over many years, in navigating the systemic shift in interest in green and sustainable financing.
Alexander has over twenty five years' experience acting on the development of projects, project financing, acquisitions and disposals of energy and natural resource assets, and restructuring troubled projects.
Alexander joined our London office as partner in 2005. From 2006 to 2016 Alexander was head of our energy, projects and finance teams in Moscow and then the Middle East. In 2016 Alexander returned to the projects team in our London office and in 2023 Alexander has been involved in our Riyadh practice.
Experience & expertise
- the project company on the restructuring of a $1 billion Saudi Arabian industrial project
- Tamboran Resources on its 6.6 mtpa Maverick LNG Project in the Beetaloo Basin in Australia – ongoing
- First Ammonia on its programme to build 5,000MW of green hydrogen and ammonia plants around the world – ongoing
- Newgen on a green hydrogen project in Trinidad – ongoing
- Nord Stream 2 A.G. on the €9 billion Nord Stream 2 sub-sea pipeline project through Russian, Finnish, Swedish, Danish and German territorial waters
- Amursky Gas Processing Plant, acting for the project company on the €13 billion gas, LPG and helium processing project
- the lenders led by SACE, Euler Hermes, JBIC, NEXI, EXIAR and VEB on the €18 billion South Stream – Turkey Stream sub-sea pipeline project through Russian, Turkish, and Bulgarian territorial waters
- the largest creditor on the $10 billion restructuring of Dubai Group
- the lenders on a US$1 billion upstream reserve based loan for the development of the Leviathan field, offshore Israel
- Shtokman Development AG (a project company owned by Gazprom, Total and Statoil) on the $26 billion project financing of the Shtokman Field gas, LNG and condensate project in Russia