Philip specialises in commercial litigation, with a particular interest in insolvency, pensions and crypto/blockchain disputes.
Philip specialises in commercial litigation, with a particular interest in insolvency, pensions and crypto/blockchain disputes. He advises on a broad range of general commercial litigation matters across regions, with an emphasis on insolvency (including cross-border disputes), pensions and crypto/blockchain. Philip acts for a blue-chip client list of hedge funds, professional services firms, administrators, liquidators, banks and corporates. His practice covers a range of regions including Eastern Europe, Greater China and the UK.
He is admitted to practice in England and Wales and is a Hong Kong qualified lawyer. Philip is fluent in English, Polish and Italian.
Experience & expertise
- the former non-executive directors of Carillion in relation to proceedings in the High Court
- the joint administrators of Nortel Networks, EY, in the global insolvency of the Nortel Group and the complex cross border disputes arising from it
- the Post Office in relation to the Historic Shortfall compensation scheme
- a major investment bank on a worldwide freezing injunction against an ultrahigh net work individual
- a major investment bank in defending a derivative action
- three Trinidadian prisoners on an appeal of their criminal convictions to the Privy Council on a pro bono basis