Luke specialises in all aspects of commercial property transactions, including acquisitions, disposals, major leasing and development, with a particular focus on large scale complex commercial property developments across Australia.
Luke also advises clients on land access for Infrastructure projects (including renewables) and native title. Luke is a well-respected figure in the industry with sources describing him as "a good operator," noting that "his clients regard him highly," one of whom comments: "He's best in class“ (Chambers Asia Pacific 2023).
Luke holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment.
Experience & expertise
- Acting on the acquisition and development of various master planned communities, including Lockerbie, Springfield, Woodlands, Yarrabilba, Shoreline, Kinma Valley and Caboolture West master- planned communities in Queensland.
- Atlassian on its collaboration with the NSW government to create the landmark Sydney Innovation and Technology Precinct. The technology hub will be a leader in innovation in the region.
- Advising some of Australia’s largest owners and developers on the acquisition, pre-leasing, development and sale under fund through arrangements including 555 Collins Street, Melbourne; 360 Queen Street, Brisbane; 60 King William Street, Adelaide; 900 Ann Street, Brisbane; Jubilee Place, Brisbane; Innovation Quarter, Westmead; 6 Hassall Street, Parramatta; 1 Parramatta Square; 130 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne; Raine Square, Perth; Adelaide GPO Building.
- Advising owners on some of the largest sale and long term leaseback transactions (including on triple net lease arrangements) such as the acquisition of a portfolio of 24 cold store and food distribution centres; the acquisition of the Suez industrial portfolio and JELD-Wen industrial portfolio.
- Melbourne Port on the successful consortium on all real estate aspects in the due diligence and acquisition (including the terms of the 50 year lease concession).
- Acting for various clients on land access, including land acquisition, tenure arrangements and native title for numerous infrastructure and renewable projects across Australia, including EDF Renewables, RES, CleanSight, BHP, Edify and Copenhagen Infrastructure Service Co.
- Advising clients on the sale and acquisition of commercial, industrial and retail assets including 1 Margaret Street, Sydney, Telstra Property Portfolio, Coles Distribution Centres; 260 Queen Street, Brisbane, 417 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, Goodman Industrial Portfolio; Great Western Super Centre, Keperra; Aldi Property Portfolio; Arnotts Distribution Centre.