Glynn leads our energy and infrastructure practice in Southeast Asia.
Glynn is a highly experienced transactional partner with 20 years of experience. His practice covers M&A, joint ventures, project developments, commercial contracts and restructuring in these sectors.
Glynn has been based in Southeast Asia since 2017 and was previously based in London and Australia. He has been involved in a number of major Southeast Asian inbound and outbound energy and infrastructure transactions and projects. In addition, he has spent extended periods advising clients on transactions and projects in Continental Europe, the United States, South America, the Middle East and broader Asia.
- ‘Highly responsive, technically excellent’ and ‘immaculately well-prepared’ energy and infrastructure expert Glynn Cooper ‘combines an eye for detail with strategic considerations’, and ‘blends international market practice with local knowledge’. Legal 500 Asia Pacific
Experience & expertise
- a confidential developer in relation to all aspects of the development of and investment in over 1GW of floating solar projects in the Philippines
- Yinson Renewables on its acquisition of a joint venture stake in an Indian solar power portfolio, and the follow-up increase of its stake in that portfolio
- KWAP on its joint venture investment in the Vortex 365 MW solar platform in the UK
- Armstrong South East Asia Clean Energy Fund on the conditional sale of a 39.4MW wind farm in Vietnam to Norway’s SN Power
- Malakoff on the US$553 million disposal of its stake in the 420MW Macarthur wind farm in Australia pursuant to a competitive sale process
- SB Energy, the renewable energy arm of Softbank, in relation to the structuring and restructuring of its renewables portfolio (a joint venture with Bharti)
- a consortium of Hastings Funds Management, Spark Infrastructure, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority and Kuwait Investment Authority on the $10 billion privatisation of the TransGrid power transmission business
- a gas and LNG trading business on potential import of LNG and third party market access arrangements, including advising on and negotiating LNG sale and purchase agreements, third party access arrangements (including LNG terminal and gas transportation pipeline access arrangements) and gas sale and purchase agreements
- Brunei Economic Development Board in relation to the multi-billion dollar Pulau Muara Besar (PMB) project in Brunei, comprising terminal, refinery and power developments
- the National Environment Agency of Singapore in relation to the 6th waste to energy project in Singapore
- the K-Water consortium on its successful bid for the development of a bulk water project in Indonesia
- the Japan consortium in relation to its bid for the Kuala Lumpur to Singapore High Speed Rail project
- UEM Group on the $500 million disposal of its stake in the Cipali toll road PPP in Indonesia
- AustralianSuper in relation to its $1 billion commitment to India’s largest infrastructure investment fund alongside Ontario Teachers, Temasek, ADIA and CPPIB.