Dr Julius Brandt
Julius specialises in advising on complex M&A, corporate and capital markets law.
Julius is experienced in advising listed companies and assists clients in public and private M&A as well as other ECM transactions. His sector focus includes Real Estate, Energy and Manufacturing & Industrials.
In addition to his qualification as a lawyer, Julius is appointed as a notary with official residence in Frankfurt.
Julius is ranked as one of “Germany’s Best Lawyers” for M&A by Best Lawyers/Handelsblatt 2020/2021.
Julius graduated from Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster. He spent one year at a private university in the Kansai region (Japan) where he studied Japanese commercial and corporate law as well as international law.
Julius is a German native speaker, business fluent in English and fluent in Japanese.
Experience & expertise
- the lenders in relation to the financing of the 725 kilometre, 1.4 GW NeuConnect Interconnector project between the UK and Germany
- a bank syndicate including Société Générale and Natixis on the takeover financing and cash confirmation in connection with the €6.7 billion takeover bid of Faurecia for HELLA
- Federal Republic of Germany on its interest in Airbus SE
- Deutsche Bank and JP Morgan as joint bookrunners on the increase of HOCHTIEF AG’s share capital by just under 10 percent against cash contribution
- an affiliate of Ningbo Jifeng Auto Parts Co., Ltd., a Chinese automotive component supplier, on its €0.6 billion public takeover offer regarding Grammer AG, a German components supplier serving the automotive and commercial vehicles industry
- Vonovia SE on its €13.3 billion voluntary public takeover offer for Deutsche Wohnen AG
- Vonovia SE on its cross-border merger with GAGFAH S.A.
- ICBC on the financing and its financing confirmation under the German Securities Acquisition and Takeover Act (WpÜG) of the public takeover by Midea Group, China's biggest home appliance manufacturer, of German robotics specialist, KUKA AG
- Italmobiliare S.p.A. with respect to the sale of 45 % of the shares in Italcementi S.p.A. to HeidelbergCement AG for €1.67 billion
- Rocket Internet SE on its €1.4 billion initial public offering*
*Experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills