Andrew has over 30 years' experience advising leading Australian and international corporations, banks and private capital institutions.
Andrew is highly regarded for his expertise across a broad range of large and complex finance transactions, including debt capital markets, corporate finance, acquisition finance, property finance and derivatives transactions.
Andrew has worked in Melbourne and New York, and has specialised expertise advising on international and domestic debt capital market and corporate finance transactions. He gained valuable commercial experience on secondment at the in-house treasury operation of Coles Myer Ltd.
Andrew holds Bachelor degrees in Economics and Laws from Monash University. He also completed a Master of Laws degree at the University of Melbourne. He speaks frequently at industry events and has lectured at the University of Melbourne. He is admitted to practise in the Supreme Court of Victoria and New South Wales.
Andrew’s expertise has been recognised by a large number of domestic and international publications. Andrew is ranked by Chambers Asia-Pacific as a leading practitioner for debt capital markets. He was recognised in Best Lawyers as Lawyer of the Year for Banking and Finance (Melbourne). Andrew is also listed in Best Lawyers’ for Banking and Finance Law, Asset Finance Law, Debt Capital Markets Law and Structured Finance Law.
Experience & expertise
- advising borrowers and banks on numerous syndicated, club and bilateral facilities, including for Tabcorp, Visy Group, Melbourne Airport, North Queensland Airports, Jemena, Treasury Wine Estates, Growthpoint, Incitec Pivot, Amcor, Cotton On, Orora and Alumina
- acting for issuers or arrangers on numerous Australian MTN programmes, including for BHP Billiton, ING Bank, QBE, Melbourne Airport, Genworth, Jemena, Victorian Power Networks, The University of Melbourne, and Treasury Corporation of Victoria
- acting for issuers or arrangers on numerous EMTN Airport, Victorian Power Networks, South Australian Power Networks, ING Bank, Barclays Bank, Boral, National Grid, QBE, Jemena and Treasury Corporation of Victoria
- acting for issuers and noteholders on numerous US Private Placements and Rule 144A transactions, including for Boral, BHP Billiton, Investa, Growthpoint, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Airport, SCA Property Group, ACE Property Finance, Toll, Worley Parsons, Visy Group, Orica and Caltex
- advising borrowers and banks on numerous property development financings, including for APH, Country Garden Australia, 3L Alliances, Trawalla’s Parliament Square Hobart development, Grocon’s Gold Coast Commonwealth Games village development, Sheraton Hotel Melbourne, South Wharf and student accommodation developments