Alison is the Executive Partner, UK, US and EMEA for Herbert Smith Freehills.
Alison is the Executive Partner, UK, US and EMEA for Herbert Smith Freehills. Prior to taking up this role in March 2020, she was the Global Head of our Employment, Pensions and Incentives team for seven years. Her practice is in Pensions law, where she was a recognised as a leader in her field. In her current role, Alison is responsible for defining and implementing our people and culture and our clients and markets strategies and enhancing regional performance and productivity.
Experience & expertise
- Pension Insurance Corporation plc on their buyout of approximately £2.4 billion with the trustees of the Philips Pension Fund, which was the UK's largest full buy-out to date
- Institute & Faculty of Actuaries in relation to two bulk annuity transactions
- Severn Trent on the merger and closure of its UK defined benefit pension arrangements
- Time Warner on pensions aspects of the separation of Time Inc., its global publishing business, as well as on a range of issues relating to its UK and international pension arrangements
- Coats Group (formerly Guinness Peat Group) on its settlement of the Pensions Regulator investigations, including its restructuring and funding arrangements as part of the process for changing the employer support for the pension schemes