Visit our office
Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
3 Cromac Quay
Documents and mail
In April 2011 we opened our Belfast office to provide innovative and cost-competitive alternative legal services to clients.
Our Alternative Legal Services business offers a highly-structured approach to managing document-intensive and volume tasks. The business brings together teams in locations including Belfast, Brisbane, London, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney to provide a seamless, 24/7 service.
Our products and services include document review, retail bank/regulatory claims assessment, due diligence, verification, commercial contracts, funds' repapering/specialist work, client technology services and asset management for real estate clients.
We utilise leading technology to support high-volume matters such as disputes and investigations. We are market leaders in the use of predictive coding for e-disclosure in the UK and worked on the first UK Commercial Court matter to use it. Our clients benefit fully from the enhanced value technology can deliver whilst also saving money.
Additionally, we provide bespoke solutions to the challenges that you face, such as:
- Managing large, information-intensive parts of legal matters in a cost-effective way, including document reviews for disputes or internal/regulatory investigations;
- Executing due diligence exercises or commercial contract work;
- Demonstrating to your business the value and savings you get from external advisors like us for routine or process-driven legal work;
- Freeing up your legal team to focus on delivering support for strategic and high-value priorities;
- Where appropriate, placing resource in-house or providing insourced legal teams.
The Belfast team comprises qualified lawyers, legal analysts and technologists who work closely with their Herbert Smith Freehills counterparts across the globe. In response to client demand we have grown from just 26 team members in 2011, when the office first opened, to over 240 in 2016.