Nusrat is a disputes partner in the London-based public law practice.
A solicitor advocate, Nusrat has considerable experience helping clients with a range of public and administrative law matters including judicial review, the European Convention on Human Rights and freedom of information issues.
Nusrat works with commercial organisations and public sector bodies including regulators. She is listed as a leading practitioner in administrative and public law in Chambers, the Legal 500 and Legal Experts.
Nusrat has worked with clients in numerous sectors including accountancy, consumer products, financial regulation, gambling including casinos and lotteries, gas and electricity, health, local government, pensions, planning and environment, professional discipline, public sector projects, tax, telecoms and broadcasting, transport (air, rail and bus) and the water industry.
Nusrat has written articles for a number of journals, including Judicial Review.
Experience & expertise
- Virgin Trains in its successful challenge against the Department for Transport in relation to the West Coast Mainline franchise
- Horserace Betting Levy Board to successfully resist a judicial review of its new rules
- a subsidiary of EDF to successfully intervene in judicial review proceedings brought against the Infrastructure Planning Commission
- Ofgem in successfully defending a judicial review challenge brought by Scottish Power in relation to NGC's use of system charges
- AOL, as an interested party, in successfully defending judicial review proceedings commenced by Freeserve against the Commission of Customs and Excise challenging Customs’ decision not to charge VAT on AOL’s product