Based in London, Nick is a real estate partner focusing on commercial property.
With over two decades of experience on all aspects of commercial property, including development and investment work, Nick has a particular focus on joint venture transactions and high-value mixed-use development work, including pre-letting and letting work for developers and tenants. Specialising in the rail sector, Nick has a huge amount of experience of advising on developments interacting with rail and underground assets. Nick is focused on delivering strong commercial outcomes and has developed close relationships with many of the firm's key clients.
Nick is the head of the firm’s "corporate occupation" practice and he has been involved in some of the UK's largest high-value pre-letting transactions. Nick is currently advising institutional, listed and private clients on updating their standard form documents to provide for a new generation of “green leases", as well as advising on numerous pre-letting transactions where a range of ESG provisions have been included in the document suite to provide for ESG commitments from both the landlord/developer and the tenant.
Nick is ranked as a 'Leading Individual' in Legal 500 UK (Commercial Property: Corporate Occupiers) and recommended by Chambers UK.
Experience & expertise
- British Land and its joint venture partner on the management of the Broadgate Estate, including on the extensive redevelopment and pre-letting programme – recent major deals include the pre-lettings at 1 Broadgate to Allen & Overy and JLL
- Federated Hermes Real Estate in relation to its property portfolios, including BTPS’ investment in King's Cross Central
- A sovereign wealth fund on the acquisition of Grosvenor House Suites, London from a group of Kuwaiti investors
- Britel Fund Trustees on the forward purchases of new Premier Inn hotels at Talgarth Road, Hammersmith
- CPP Investments on its joint ventures and mixed-use developments with BT Pension Fund at Paradise Circus, Birmingham and Wellington Place, Leeds
- Canary Wharf Group on major lettings at one Canada Square and the sale of 10 Cabot Square
- Lazard on its head office lease at 20 Manchester Square, London
- Dechert LLP on its new London HQ at 25 Cannon Street, London