Antony is a disputes lawyer specialising in public international law including Business and Human Rights and investment treaty arbitration.
Antony specialises in public international law and complex cross-border dispute resolution. He leads our global Business and Human Rights practice and is a member of the firm's ESG leadership group.
Antony has extensive experience advising governments, international organisations and private sector clients in the area of public international law, including in relation to investment treaty arbitration, State and diplomatic immunity, sanctions and embargoes, recognition of States and governments, treaty law, human rights and international economic law.
Antony is tri-qualified, in Australia (Victoria), England & Wales and Hong Kong SAR. He acts as advocate in international arbitration proceedings and in arbitration-related court proceedings.
Antony is ranked in Chambers Global for Business and Human Rights Law where he is described as a "leading expert on human rights and business, well versed across the full spectrum of issues including legal, political, international and commercial perspectives."
Antony is tri-qualified, in Australia (Victoria), England & Wales and Hong Kong SAR.
Experience & expertise
- advising an international technology group in relation to human rights issues associated with the digital surveillance practices of a number of Asian governments
- representing an Asian telecommunications sector investor in ICSID arbitration proceedings relating to a taxation dispute
- advising a major international retailer in relation to an investigation of modern slavery practices in its supply chain in Asia
- advising a leading Asian consumer goods company in relation to allegations of human rights abuses and environmental harm connected with its palm oil plantations in a Southeast Asian country
- advising an infrastructure sector investor on a human rights due diligence exercise relating to a prospective investment in a conflict-affected area