Laurence is an experienced member of the International Arbitration team in Paris.
Laurence qualified as a French Avocat in 2002. She was also a Visiting Scholar at Columbia University law School (1998-1999), and regularly teaches international arbitration at universities or school bar. She regularly publishes articles and case comment on international arbitration.
Experience & expertise
- a Spanish construction company in an ICSID arbitration against the Republic of Algeria under the Spain/Algeria BIT concerning a FET case in relation with social housing in Algeria (ICSID Case Number ARB/07/01)
- a leading West-African oil and gas company in 2 arbitrations involving the distribution of its products in the OHADA zone and a dispute between shareholders of a joint venture company from an OHADA country (ICC arbitration)
- a south African company against a state owned company in a corporate dispute in relation with a state-owned company in the mining industry from an OHADA country (ICC arbitration)
- a French investor in an ICSID arbitration against the Republic of Hungary under the French/Hungary BIT concerning an expropriation (ICSID Case Number ARB/13/35)
- a leading Algerian electricity and gas company in an dispute in relation the construction to of a photovoltaic plant following the Algerian renewal energy programme (ICC arbitration)
- a Spanish leader in the construction business in an dispute against an Algerian Company in relation to construction matters in Algeria (ICC arbitration)