John is a restructuring lawyer based in our London office.
John is a restructuring lawyer whose practice involves advising companies in distress, lenders, co-ordinating committees of lenders, bondholders, insolvency practitioners and other stakeholders in a wide range of international and domestic restructurings.
He has over a decade of experience and has advised on restructurings involving the full range of English processes, including schemes of arrangement, company voluntary arrangements, administrations, liquidations and provisional liquidations involving across a range of sectors and frequently in the context of complex, cross-border restructurings.
John was awarded The Turnaround and Management Association's 2017 young turnaround professional of the year.
Experience & expertise
- The administrators of the Nortel EMEA business from 2009 to the present, including in respect of the leading Supreme Court decision Bloom v The Pensions Regulator  UKSC 52, the global settlement and the subsequent pan-European CVAs
- Three Hills Capital in relation to its 2018 acquisition of Byron Burgers conditional on a successful company voluntary arrangement
- the co-ordinating committee of senior lenders to EnQuest on the market leading 2016 restructuring implemented by way of a scheme of arrangement
- the co-ordinating committee of lenders to First Oil on issues arising from the fall in the oil price and the subsequent sale of certain of the assets of the group by way of a pre-packaged administration in February 2016
- hibu on its complex 2013 financial restructuring implemented by way of a cross-border scheme of arrangement
- CPP on its 2013 scheme of arrangement to compromise historic mis-selling liabilities for seven million customers