Yuji is a New York-qualified Consultant in the corporate division. Her experience relates to a wide range of corporate finance transactions.
Yuji has advised investment banks, corporates and sovereigns across the UK, EMEA and Asia-Pacific on Rule 144A/Regulation S cross-border corporate finance transactions (including initial public offerings, rights issues, private placements, accelerated bookbuild offerings, high-yield bonds, investment grade bonds, sovereign bonds and aviation finance). Yuji's sector experience includes financial institutions, energy, aviation, industrials, real estate and TMT. Yuji is currently based in the London office and has previously worked in the firm's Singapore and Hong Kong offices. She has spent time on two secondments to a major US-based investment bank.
Yuji's experience includes advising:
- Barclays Bank plc, J.P. Morgan and Standard Bank in connection with the issue by the Republic of Namibia of US$750 million 5.25%. Reg S/Rule 144A Notes due 2025, listed on the Irish Stock Exchange
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch as initial purchaser in connection with Kuwait Energy's inaugural US$250 million high-yield bond comprised of US$250 million senior guaranteed notes due 2019
- Citigroup, HSBC and Ak Yatirim as co-bookrunners in connection with the US$145.5 million sale and admission to trading on the Borsa Istanbul of shares of AvivaSA by selling shareholders Aviva and Sabanci Holding
- Virgin Australia in connection with its US$797.2 million issuance of enhanced equipment notes, including a Rule 144A tranche to US QIBs. This was the first offering of its kind in Asia Pacific and the fourth globally outside the United States
- The Government of India as vendor in connection with the US$2.14 billion offer for sale of shares in NTPC
Yuji is a graduate of Washington & Lee University (BA, Magna cum laude) and the University of Virginia School of Law (JD). She joined the firm in 2012. Yuji is a practising member of the New York State Bar.