Based in the Tokyo office since 2011, Yosuke assists both Japanese and multinational clients on complex cross-border commercial disputes as well as corporate crime & investigation matters. Yosuke has represented clients in international arbitrations under various institutional rules, including the ICC, LCIA, SIAC, HKIAC, JCAA and TAI, with seats in the UK, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, and Thailand.
Yosuke's experience includes advising:
- a worldwide industrial player in relation to a World Bank enquiry further to allegations of fraudulent practices committed in Asia and in Europe, in the framework of a World Bank financed project/a project financed by a multilateral development bank
- a Japanese contractor in relation to a JCAA arbitration with respect to a valuation dispute concerning an African power project
- a Japanese manufacturer in TAI arbitration proceedings with respect to an industrial incident at a power plant in Thailand
- a Japanese technology company on an internal investigation into non-compliant accounting practices relating to equipment leases across ten Asia-Pacific jurisdictions
- a Japanese leisure company on the potential breach of personal data and advice in relation to regulatory notifications in multiple jurisdictions
Yosuke has also practiced in the firm’s international offices, including London (where he began his career in 2009) and Singapore. Yosuke is qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales and practices as a registered foreign lawyer in Japan. Yosuke grew up in the UK, and is bilingual in English and Japanese.