Yida is a corporate lawyer in the energy sector. He has experience across a wide range of international energy projects and M&A including concession agreements, joint ventures, development of projects, commercial agreements in commodities trading, and services agreement.
He has also advised on project documents and long-term supply contracts for construction, power and renewables.
Yida has worked for a number of Chinese energy clients and has extensive knowledge of the Chinese business culture and a wide network of professional connections in China.
Yida's experience includes advising:
- CNOOC on its purchase of 5 mtpa of LNG from BG's global portfolio and the acquisition of additional equity in Queensland Curtis LNG project
- Chevron on the sale of downstream fuels marketing and aviation businesses in the Caribbean and Central and South America
- Antin Infrastructure Partners on its acquisition of BP's 36.22% stake in the Central Area Transmission System (CATS) network in the UK North Sea for £324 million
- Macquarie on various commercial and energy trading arrangements in connection with its interests in the MGT Biomass Plant
- Shaanxi Ligeance Mineral Resources, a listed Chinese aerospace and mining firm, on its £326 million proposed acquisition of aerospace parts manufacturer Gardner Aerospace
Yida obtained his LLB degree from a Chinese law school and his Certificate of Legal Professional Qualification in China. Yida is a native Mandarin speaker, is fluent in English, Japanese and French and has working knowledge of German.