Yasmin is an Associate in the dispute resolution division of Herbert Smith Freehills. She has worked on a wide range of product liability, regulatory litigation and compliance work in multiple jurisdictions. Over the last two years, Yasmin has focussed on the consumer product market, with a particular interest in the tobacco, alcohol and food industries.
Yasmin trained with the firm and qualified in 2015. She has worked in both our London and Hong Kong offices, and was also seconded to British American Tobacco in 2016.
Yasmin's experience include advising:
- British American Tobacco in UK judicial review proceedings challenging the UK Standardised Packaging of Tobacco Products Regulations
- British American Tobacco in responding to government consultations and judicial challenges to tobacco control regulatory measures (e.g. plain packaging, graphic health warnings, ingredients bans, and tobacco levies) in numerous jurisdictions in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa and the Americas
- British American Tobacco in assisting with ongoing pre-trial defence preparations regarding multi-billion dollar claims for healthcare costs by multiple provinces in Canada
- Nicoventures in respect of responding to government consultations and regulatory compliance in relation to nicotine and smokeless tobacco products
- advising clients in the alcohol and food sectors on litigation risk and strategies for litigation avoidance