Yana is a senior associate in Infrastructure and PPP practice in Russia. She is advising private investors, public authorities, state owned companies and financial organisations on the infrastructure projects in Russia with the focus on transport and Digital, including elaboration of legislation regarding PPP and Digital.
Yana has accumulated unique expertise at the intersection of PPP and Digital by working on the Russian federal government and major IT private investors on the Digital transformation projects.
Yana's experience includes advising:
- private investors on the creation, financing and operation of the Digital platforms in the real estate and Oil & Gas industries
- Government of the Russian Federation on Platon Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) system concession project, introduced to facilitate and process the collection of toll charges offsetting the damage caused to Russian Federal Highways by vehicles exceeding 12 tons of gross vehicle weight, and concession on implementation of automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) systems to identify the vehicles and weigh-in-motion (WIM) systems
- the winner of a concession tender (DSK Avtoban) on all legal aspects of the PPP projects for the construction of the Central Ring Road in Moscow Region (sections 3 and 4). European Energy and Infrastructure Deal of the Year 2017, The Lawyer
- the Russian Highways State Company (Avtodor) on M11 Moscow - St. Petersburg toll motorway (sections 7 and 8: 543km – 684km)
- Lawyer of the Year for Public Law in Russia – Best Lawyers 2022
- Named "Rising Star" for PPP & Infrastructure in Russia – Legal500 2021
- Named "Associate to watch" Projects & Infrastructure in Russia – Chambers 2021
- "Yana Ivanova is very effective while structuring new complex deals" – Legal500 2021
- "She was very helpful; we had a great experience with her," a client says, while another source adds: "She has a very practical legal outlook" – Chambers 2021
- "Yana Ivanova is highly experienced in PPP structuring and consistently delivers the best possible solution" – Legal500 2019
- "highly skilled PPP professional, not only with practical insight into the PPP projects in Russia, but also with a good knowledge of the global best practices" – Letter of the Ministry for Economic Development of the Russian Federation, 2016
Yana actively promotes best practices and shares her knowledge with the fellow industry practitioners and executives by delivering lectures and speaking at conferences. She participates as a lecturer in the educational programmes at Skolkovo Business School, Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation, National Сenter for PPP and works with Coursera, the largest global online EdTech.
Her market leading position is confirmed by Chambers and Legal500 – Yana Ivanova is ranked as the top tier for Infrastructure & Projects in Russia. Also Yana has been named as the Lawyer of the Year for Public Law in Russia by Best Lawyers 2022.
Yana is a member of the working group of the Committee on Digital Economy of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RSPP) and a member of the expert council of the National Center for PPP.
Yana graduated from the Moscow State University law school with honours and holds a bachelor degree in Russian law. In 2007 she also completed course on professional advocacy in San-Diego State University (SDSU), USA.