Yulia is a construction and project development lawyer.
Yulia is a construction and project development lawyer with a particular focus on the downstream sector. She advises clients on the implementation of and investments in high profile projects, mainly in oil & gas, petrochemical, LNG and power sectors.
Yulia's experience includes drafting and negotiating a wide variety of project documents, including FEED, EPC, D&B, EPSS, EPCM and PMC contracts. She also has significant experience in negotiating and advising on technology licences, including licence agreements, basic engineering design agreements (BED/PDP), engineering services contracts, equipment and catalyst supply agreements.
Yulia holds master's and bachelor's degrees in public international law.
Experience & expertise
- PT PRPP (Indonesia), a subsidiary of Pertamina (Indonesian state-owned oil and gas company), on the construction of the USD 16bln Tuban grass root refinery and petrochemical complex at Tuban, Indonesia
- a subsidiary of a major international energy companies in relation to all legal aspects of the EURO 20 bln greenfield integrated gas processing and LNG liquefaction project development, including advice on the construction strategy, preparing and negotiating the technology licences, FEED, EPC, EPSS and EPCM contracts
- a subsidiary of a major international energy company in connection with construction, procurement and financing of the EURO 19 bln gas processing plant (the biggest natural gas processing facility in the world) including preparing and negotiating construction contracts, EPC and EPSS contracts, technology licences, supply and other project agreements, as we as ongoing construction claims management issues
- a confidential client on hydrogen production project in KSA
- a confidential client on the strategic procurement and implementation of a new “smart city” development in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- an international bidder on its bid for the Oman Power and Water Procurement Company's Manah I and Manah II solar PV IPPs in Oman
- the mandated lead arrangers to a bidder consortium for the Noor 2 Street Lighting Project in Abu Dhabi
- an international bidder for two water transmission projects in Saudi Arabia
- the mandated lead arrangers to an international bidder for the Shuweihat 4 IWP in Abu Dhabi
- China National Oil and Gas Exploration and Development Company Ltd (“CNODC”) on its acquisition of 10% in a major LNG project including extensive legal due diligence of construction contracts and technology licences
- Silk Road Fund on its acquisition of a 10% stake in a major international midstream company, including extensive due diligence of construction and supply contracts
- one of the largest private international oil producers on technology licences, FEED contract, contract strategy and development of a greenfield downstream project in Russia and its potential project financing