You Xiang Lim
You Xiang is an associate with the Corporate team in Herbert Smith Freehills Prolegis and specialises in project development, construction and energy related matters.
He has broad experience in all aspects of project development across the value chain, and is active in drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts and project documentation for projects located domestically (in Singapore) and internationally.
On the gas and energy front, You Xiang has acted for several well-known industry players and is familiar with various industry specific documentation such as power purchase agreements, energy storage systems agreements and related service contracts.
You Xiang has acted for a wide range of clients ranging from government entities to multi-national corporations on complex projects (including on public-private partnerships, renewable energy and cross-border projects).
You Xiang holds a Bachelor of Laws from the National University of Singapore and is admitted to the Singapore Bar.
Experience & expertise
- a Singapore Government-linked clean energy generator in connection with the proposed development of a new H-class combined cycle power plant in Singapore to generate and export clean energy to the national grid*
- SMRT Corporation Ltd on the project documentation for the Singapore-Johor Bahru Rapid Transit Link, a rail shuttle service implemented under a Public Private Partnership model that will run between Singapore and Johor Bahru, Malaysia*
- a leading data centre developer headquartered in Singapore in the development of project documentation (including engineering, procurement and construction, project management and equipment purchase) for a new hyperscale data centre in Jakarta, Indonesia*
- SembCorp Industries Ltd in its project to develop and operate 200 MW of battery energy storage systems to support solar capacity in Singapore, the largest such system in South-East Asia*
- a private consortium on the termination of a public-private partnership with the Singapore government in relation to the ownership and management of a S$1.33 billion sports and recreation district*
*Experience gained prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills Prolegis