Xavier leads the firm's Southeast Asia capital markets practice and is a member of the firm’s Global Capital Markets Group.
A highly accomplished US securities lawyer, he has extensive experience advising on public and private international securities offerings in every major jurisdiction in Asia Pacific including India.
Xavier advises investment banks, issuers and shareholders on cross-border securities offerings, with a particular focus on IPOs, rights issues, block trades, medium term note programmes, straight debt issuances, high yield note offerings, green bonds, liability management exercises, and other transactions.
He advises on deals across a wide range of industries and sectors, including telecommunications, real estate and property development, energy and natural resources, finance, health care, and consumer.
Xavier works in tandem with colleagues across the firm's network of offices on regional and international deals, including supporting the firm's Australian and Greater China capital markets and US securities teams.
Xavier's experience includes*:
- the underwriters on the public offering of new and existing ordinary shares in Thailand's Siam Makro Public Company Limited by the issuer and major shareholders
- the issuer on the spin-off of its subsidiary SCG Packaging Public Company Limited (SCGP), through SCGP’s US$1.4 billion IPO (including an over-allotment option) and listing on the Stock Exchange of Thailand
- Muang Thai Life Assurance Public Company Limited on its inaugural issuance of US$400 million fixed date reset subordinated notes due 2037 - the first Tier 2 offering by a Thai insurance company to foreign investors
- PT Bank Negara Indonesia (Persero) TBK on its issuance of US$600,000,000 Additional Tier 1 Perpetual Non-Cumulative Capital Securities - the first Tier 1 offering by an Indonesian bank
- the arrangers of PT Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur Tbk's (i) offering of US$ 600,000,000 3.541 per cent senior unsecured bonds due 2032 and and US$400,000,000 4.805 per cent senior unsecured bonds due 2052 and (ii) offering of US$1,150,000,000 3.398 per cent senior unsecured bonds due 2031 and US$600,000,000 4.745 per cent senior unsecured bonds due 2051
- PT Perusahann Listrik Negara (Persero) on the establishment of its US$5 billion Global Medium Term Program, inaugural drawdown and cash tender offers
- the underwriters of Mr D.I.Y. Group (M) Berhad’s IPO and listing on Bursa Malaysia
- the Government of Malaysia on its US$1 billion Trust Certificates and US$500 million Trust Certificates (Sukuk issuances)
- Maybank on the establishment and extension of its inaugural Section 3(a)(2) US$500 million US Commercial Paper Program
- CRCC HeAn Limited and China Railway Construction Corporation Limited and their guarantor on the offering of US$300,000,000 1.875 per cent guaranteed notes due 2026 and €300,000,000 0.875 per cent guaranteed notes due 2026
- Kingsoft Corporation Limited on its issuance of HK$3.1 billion 0.625% convertible bonds due 2025
- the initial purchasers on Adani Transmission Limited’s US$500 million 4.0% senior notes
- DBS Bank on the establishment of its US$10 billion Global Covered Bond Program - the first covered bond program established for a Southeast Asia-based issuer
- Frasers Property AHL Limited on the update of its A$2 billion Multicurrency Debt Issuance Programme guaranteed by Frasers Property Limited.
*Experience gained while at previous firm
Xavier received a dual juris doctor and maitrise en droit from Cornell Law School in New York and Université Paris-1 Pantheon Sorbonne, in a joint degree programme. He received master's degrees in applied economics and global business law from Institut d’Études Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po) and an MBA from École Supérieure des Sciences Economiques et Commerciales (ESSEC) in Paris. He is fluent in English and French and proficient in Spanish.
He is a member of the New York Bar, the Paris Bar and is qualified in Hong Kong. He has also worked on secondment to some of the world's largest investment banks including Goldman Sachs and Merrill Lynch.