Will provides advice on a full range of real estate services including purchases and disposals, joint venture investments, developments and letting and finance transactions for institutional and overseas investors, funds developers and corporates on some of the most high profile transactions in the UK.
Will has guided clients through major multi-phased development projects including several large regeneration projects. From Central London offices, shopping centres, retail aspects of infrastructure assets, hotels and residential-led mixed use schemes, Will has advised on all aspect of the development lifecycle with particular emphasis on acting for developers. He also advises on investment deals and joint ventures including the corporate, property and taxation aspects of disposing of and acquiring property by structured corporate acquisition and disposal.
Will's experience includes advising:
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board on its joint ventures and mixed-use developments with BT Pension Fund at Paradise Circus, Birmingham (one of the largest redevelopments in the UK) and Wellington Place, Leeds (a 1.5 million sq ft area of newly developed commercial, retail, leisure and residential space)
- British Land on its new development at Canada Water, London
- Hammerson on the joint venture arrangements and acquisition with Allianz of a portfolio of loans secured against a portfolio of market leading retail assets in Dublin (including Dundrum Town Centre) for €1.85 billion. Also advised Hammerson on the consensual agreement with the borrowers to transfer ownership in the underlying properties to Hammerson and Allianz and associated joint venture and development management arrangements
- Brookfield Office Properties on the acquisition and financing of the Moorgate Exchange in the City of London for £210 million and the letting of 170,000 sq. ft. of the building to a specialist technology shared workspace provider
- Brookgate on all aspects of the development, forward funding and letting of more than 500,000 sq ft of new office, retail, hotel and public realm at CB1, Cambridge