Will is an experienced energy lawyer whose practice covers acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, project finance, and project development within the renewable energy, oil and gas, power, infrastructure, and mining sectors. He also advises renewable energy funds on the structuring, development, acquisition and disposal of individual renewable energy projects and fund portfolios.
Having worked in Singapore, London and Moscow, Will has extensive experience of cross-border transactions, and currently advises clients on transactions across Southeast Asia.
Will's experience includes advising:
- Armstrong Asset Management on the sale of a 40MW solar portfolio in Thailand and a 39.4MW wind farm in Vietnam
- Wind Energy Holdings on its 37 billion baht (US$1.14 billion) loan from Siam Commercial Bank to fund five onshore wind farms in Thailand with a total capacity of 45MW, including advising on the bankability report and negotiations of key project documents including the turbine supply agreements and other infrastructure contracts
- a confidential client on its development of a 40MW solar farm in Namibia including working with local counsel on regulatory issues, licence applications, land and structuring, as well as drafting the PPA, EPC and O&M agreements
- the Edra Group on its US$2.3 billion sale of a portfolio of 13 power projects located in Malaysia, Egypt, Bangladesh, Pakistan and the UAE
- a confidential client in its bid for upstream oil and gas assets in Malaysia, including advising on due diligence, structuring and the transaction documentation
- various clients in connection with the negotiation of Master LNG sale and purchase agreements
- various clients on joint venture arrangements in Myanmar connected to oil storage businesses
- a confidential client on its due diligence review of a portfolio of gas fired power stations in Indonesia, including reviewing the concession agreements, PPAs and EPCs, and their proposed acquisition and joint venture with the existing shareholder
Will is qualified in England & Wales. He graduated with a bachelor's degree in English and philosophy from the University of Nottingham, and holds a post graduate diploma in law from BPP University.