Will's practice covers acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, project finance, and project development within the renewable energy, oil and gas, power, infrastructure, and mining sectors. He also advises renewable energy funds on the structuring, development, acquisition and disposal of individual renewable energy projects and fund portfolios.
Having worked in London, Moscow and Singapore, Will has deep experience of cross-border transactions, and currently advises clients on transactions across Southeast Asia.
Will's experience includes advising:
- a Singapore-based renewable energy fund on its sale of a 40MW solar portfolio in Thailand
- the largest wind power provider in Thailand on the development of five onshore wind farms with a total capacity of 450MW
- the Edra Group on its US$2.3 billion sale of a portfolio of 13 power projects located in Malaysia, Egypt, Bangladesh, Pakistan and the UAE
- BP on its acquisition from Rosneft of a 20% stake in LLC Taas-Yuryakh Neftegazodobycha, creating a new upstream oil and gas joint venture in East Siberia
- Yildirim Group on its US$425 million acquisition of ferroalloy assets in Kazakhstan and Russia
Will is qualified in England & Wales. He graduated with a bachelor's degree in English and philosophy from the University of Nottingham, and holds a post graduate diploma in law from BPP University.