William specialises in public and private mergers and acquisitions, including schemes of arrangement and demergers.
William advises clients on a range of public and private transactions, including takeovers, schemes of arrangement, negotiated acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures and shareholder arrangements.
William holds a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) from Monash University.
William is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria and the Federal and High Courts of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- Tabcorp on its A$10.5 billion demerger of its Lotteries & Keno business, The Lottery Corporation
- BINGO Industries on its A$2.3 billion acquisition by MIRA by way of scheme of arrangement
- Iluka Resources on its A$2.5 billion demerger of its royalties business, Deterra Royalties
- Healthscope on its response to the approaches from the BGH-AusSuper Consortium and Brookﬁeld and the successful A$4.4 billion scheme of arrangement and simultaneous takeover bid by Brookﬁeld
- Wesfarmers on its A$19 billion demerger of Coles
- Alinta Energy and its shareholders on the sale of Alinta to Chow Tai Fook Enterprises (and the dual-track initial public offering process)
- BGH Capital on a number of acquisitions in the cyber security sector.