Will advises on secondary fund transactions, fund raisings, funds management, joint ventures and corporate transactions. He has recently acted on many of the largest and most complex transactions in the global secondary market, both in the UK, Europe, Asia and in the US.
He also advises institutional investors on primary investments, co-investments, the establishment of managed accounts, portfolio rebalancings and liquidity solutions.
Will’s recent experience includes advising a market leading EU-based secondary fund-of-fund on a diverse range of complex global transactions. In particular, Will has advised on:
- global secondary and direct transactions across buy out, venture, infrastructure and real estate asset classes (transferred over 1,200 interests with total deal value in excess of USD$20b)
- primary investments in various funds with investment focuses in the UK, EU, US, Canada and Asia, while representing funds of funds, sovereign wealth funds, managed accounts, pension plans and insurers (invested in over 75 funds with over USD$2b committed)
- various acquisition debt financings for secondary transactions and subsequent re-financings (total financing commitments in excess of USD$6.5b)
- underwritings of complex sponsor-led fund restructurings, spin-outs and the implementation implemented various investor liquidity opportunities and fund portfolio tender offers
- syndications and co-investments on behalf of investment managers and invested into/acquired such structures on behalf of investors
- establishment of dedicated managed accounts for pension plans, insurers, US State Plans and sovereign wealth funds
Will joins HSF from London after working at a leading US firm for several years. He holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Science (majoring in computer science). He was a judge's associate in the District Court of Queensland and holds a practicing certificate in Queensland.