William’s experience is predominately in public M&A / takeovers and scheme, private M&A, corporate restructurings and reorganisations and general corporate and commercial advisory matters across a range of sectors.
William is admitted to practise in both Australia and England & Wales.
William’s recent experience includes advising:
- ERM Power on the $617 million acquisition by Shell Energy Australia by way of scheme of arrangement
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia on the $4.13 billion sale of Colonial First State Global Asset Management to Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation
- CBL Insurance Australia on the sale of Assetinsure to Lombard Insurance
- The Carlyle Group and Värde Partners in connection with the restructuring of the Bis Industries Group implemented by way of two inter-related creditors’ schemes of arrangement
- Royal Wolf on its response to the $290 million off-market takeover offer made by General Finance Corporation
A graduate of Monash University with a double degree in Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce, William joined Herbert Smith Freehills in March 2017 after training and practising at a Magic Circle firm in London for 8.5 years.