William has advised professional trustees, high-net-worth individuals, family offices and charities on both contentious and non-contentious trusts, estates, mental capacity and licensing issues.
He has acted for members of high-net-worth families in Hong Kong court proceedings including those relating to complex intra-family trusts disputes, shareholder disputes, Mental Health Ordinance applications and probate actions. His experience includes acting for clients in complex cross-border estate and trust cases.
William's experience includes advising:
- the respondent beneficiary in High Court probate proceedings on the will of a deceased high-net-worth individual involving assets in Hong Kong and Mainland China
- one of the largest global private wealth and asset management advisory groups on trustee licensing and regulatory issues in Hong Kong
- the Hong Kong charitable entity of a multinational Chinese conglomerate on its receipt and onward donation of sums to a major international charity group
- the applicant in contested Guardianship Board and Mental Health Ordinance proceedings concerning the appointment of a committee over an elderly mentally incapacitated person's assets in Hong Kong and Macau
- Hong Kong High Court action for prohibitory and mandatory injunctions and related undertakings relating to the disposal of shares in a Hong Kong listed company
William obtained a bachelor's degree in Commerce from the University of British Columbia, Canada, a bachelor's degree in law from University College London and a postgraduate certificate in laws from the University of Hong Kong. He speaks fluent Cantonese, Mandarin and English.