William is a partner in the tax practice in the London office. He regularly advises on high value structured real estate transactions, property developments and property finance arrangements. He also has extensive experience across a wide range of corporate tax and structuring matters, with a particular focus on oil and gas related transactions.
William is a regular contributor to tax publications and journals. He also speaks frequently at external events on a range of subjects, including real estate structuring and North Sea decommissioning tax issues. He was listed in Tax Journal's '40 under 40 – One's to watch in Tax' for 2012 and 2015.
- British Land on its new development at Canada Water
- Brookfield on the structured £560 million acquisition and financing of CityPoint Tower
- Claris Lifesciences on the sale of its injectables business, Claris Injectables, to Baxter Healthcare
- LendLease on the proposed extension of Touchwood Shopping Centre, Solihull, including the conditional development agreement, CPO Indemnity Agreement and income sharing Headlease with Solihull MBC
- Henderson UK Shopping Centre fund on the sale of a 75% interest in the Edinburgh St James centre
- Apache on its acquisition of Exxon Mobil North Sea Limited's North Sea assets for $1.75 billion
- Capco on its regeneration of Earl's Court in London, a 55 acre residential-led scheme on the site of the old exhibition halls, including a £150 million infrastructure loan from the HCA
- Chevron on various matters including the $1.8 billion disposal of UK and European downstream businesses to Valero
- Moorfield Group on its sale of a diversified real estate investment portfolio to Lone Star for c.£1 billion - the portfolio comprised both traditional real estate investments (retail and offices) as well as alternative real estate investments (hotels, residential and student accommodation) held in a variety of structures
- Standard Life strategic advice on the JPUT entity which co-owns the Brent Cross Shopping Centre in North London with Hammerson