Will has over 15 years experience in a wide variety of financing transactions with a focus on acquisition and leveraged finance. He has represented clients from both the bank and major sponsor/borrower sides.
He advises clients on syndicated loans and has participated in numerous significant restructurings and cross border deals in a wide range of sectors including automotive, industrials, mining, oil and gas, security, technology and telecommunications.
Will is a key part of Herbert Smith Freehills' global finance practice which covers all finance, capital markets and debt disciplines. Will helps his clients on high-end, bet-the-company deals, and advises borrowers and lenders on a range of acquisition and leveraged finance deals.
His work reflects London’s status as a global financial centre undertaking premium cross-border transactions for international clients. He works with market-leading blue-chip clients: on the lender side major international and investment banks, whilst on the borrower side advising some major sponsors and a significant proportion of FTSE 250 companies.
Clients regularly describe Will as very hands on, putting in a huge amount of work to get the transactions over the line and coordinating a skilled team very well, making complicated matters run smoothly. Legal 500 2015 described Will as ‘thorough, clear and commercial’.
Will has advised:
- CACIB and Unicredit on the £452 million bridge facility for the public-to-private acquisition of Poundland by Steinhoff
- BNP Paribas and the other arrangers on the €110 million senior facilities for the acquisition of Palacios by the Carlyle Group
- BAT on a US$4.7 billion term loan facility to finance the subscription for additional shares in Reynolds American Inc. in connection with the acquisition by Reynolds American Inc. of Lorillard
- Cipla Limited on the $550 million facility for its acquisition of Invagen Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Exelan Pharmaceuticals
- Deutsche Bank, Citi, HSBC and other senior lenders on the debt restructuring of PT Axis Telecom Indonesia