Will assists clients with a range of contentious and non-contentious matters, with a particular focus on issues arising in the corporate crime and investigations world. He has also worked on significant judicial review and Part 7 claims in the procurement context.
Will also has a busy pro bono practice, advising clients on a range of contentious employment, contractual and housing matters.
Will's experience includes:
- assisting a listed company in relation to a self-report to the Serious Fraud Office (SFO)
- advising a public authority in relation to disputes related to a major infrastructure project
- being part of the core team which represented Roger Jenkins in relation to a prosecution of fraud charges brought by the SFO, in respect of which he was acquitted of all charges in February 2020
- advising a major retail bank on the financial crime-related elements of its acquisition of a significant prime mortgage book
- advising a services company in respect of various issues concerning directors' disqualification.
Will graduated from the University of Bristol with first class honours, and trained at Herbert Smith Freehills starting in 2017. He has undertaken two client secondments, one to a global insurance broker, and the other a leading UK retail bank.