Weina is particularly experienced in China-related commercial disputes and international arbitration, with a focus on disputes related to energy and infrastructure, M&A, joint ventures and international trade.
Her current clients include central Chinese state-owned enterprises (SOEs), regional SOEs, private Chinese enterprises, international companies operating in China.
Weina's experience includes advising:
- a major global TMT manufacturer and network infrastructure developer and its Chinese subsidiary in claims against its counterparty under a turn-key contract for a project in a Central Asian jurisdiction
- a subsidiary of a leading Chinese energy company on the successful settlement of a multi-billion dollar dispute against a US company over production sharing contracts governed by Chinese law and potential UNCITRAL arbitration and ICSID arbitration
- a Chinese state-owned enterprise on the successful settlement of an ICC arbitration arising out of a contract governed by Hong Kong law for the sale and purchase of solar power equipment
- a BVI company in a HKIAC arbitration under Hong Kong law, concerning disputes arising from a multi-billion RMB acquisition of a well-known Chinese skincare group
- a well-known Chinese textile manufacturer as respondent in two parallel SIAC arbitrations over alleged breaches of two joint venture contracts and tortious claims under PRC law
Fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese, Weina is qualified to practice in England & Wales and in the PRC (non-practicing). She has worked in Herbert Smith Freehills' London, Hong Kong, Beijing and Shanghai offices.