Will is a partner in the Real Estate team based in London.
Will provides advice on a full range of real estate services, including sales and purchases, joint venture investments, developments, lettings and finance transactions for institutional and overseas investors, funds, developers and corporates on some of the most high-profile transactions in the UK.
Will has guided clients through major multi-phased development projects, including several large regeneration projects. From offices to energy and infrastructure assets, shopping centres to hotels, or mixed-use schemes, Will has advised on all aspects of the development lifecycle, with particular emphasis on acting for developers/promoters.
Experience & expertise
- British Land on its development at Canada Water, London and on its sale of 50% of its share in the Canada Water Masterplan to AustralianSuper for £290 million. Our role advising on this project has been recognised in the last 12 months at the British Legal Awards, the Legal Business Awards and The Lawyer Awards where it won three "Real Estate Team of the Year" awards
- Brookfield Office Properties on the acquisition and financing of the Moorgate Exchange in the City of London for £210 million and the letting of 170,000 square feet of the building to a specialist technology shared workspace provider
- CPP Investments on its 50:50 joint venture with Federated Hermes for the development of Wellington Place Phase 1 and Phase 2, Leeds, and Paradise Circus, Birmingham – both office-led mixed-use city centre developments delivering in excess of circa 3 million square feet of space, with a value in excess of circa £2 billion
- CPP Investments on its 80:20 joint venture with La Française, Caisse Fédérale du Crédit Mutual Nord Europe for development of multiple opportunities in the Grand Paris area
- Brookgate on several equity forward fundings for office accommodation totalling in excess of 500,000 square feet, and a 280-bed hotel as part of the master plan redevelopment of the area around Cambridge station
- Hammerson on the joint venture arrangements and acquisition with Allianz of a portfolio of loans secured against a portfolio of market-leading retail assets in Dublin (including Dundrum Town Centre) for €1.85 billion
- a Sovereign Wealth Fund on its acquisitions of significant interests in two battery storage and solar generation businesses across multiple UK sites
- a Renewables Infrastructure Fund on its investment into an inter-connector including all onshore and offshore land ownership and associated rights required for development and operation
- Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP) on its acquisition and development of a 60MW energy from waste plant in Lostock, including joint venture arrangements with FCC Environment
- Indaver on land assembly, site acquisition and complex access arrangements for the development of its first energy-from-waste facility in Rivenhall, Essex, as well as cooperation agreements with neighbouring stakeholders, project and option agreements