Will is an associate in the banking & finance practice in our Johannesburg office.
Will is a South African law finance lawyer with a broad emerging markets practice covering general banking and finance, investment grade loans, sovereign loans and acquisition finance.
Will's experience includes advising:
- IHS Towers in relation to the acquisition financing by ABSA, Access Bank, Investec, RMB and Standard Chartered Bank of a portfolio of 6,000 towers acquired from MTN in South Africa
- Standard Chartered Bank in relation to a USD 265 million financing of Airtel Africa subsidiaries in Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, Zambia, Republic of Congo and Gabon
- Standard Chartered Bank in relation to a USD 100 million facility for OMIGSA Alternative Assets PLC on behalf of Old Mutual Africa Private Equity Fund of Funds and OMIGSA Private Equity Fund IV
- The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited in relation to a USD 50 million financing of Airtel Congo (RDC) in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Africa Export-Import Bank in relation to a USD15 million facility for upgrading airport infrastructure of Juba International Airport, South Sudan, by Securirport LLC secured by assets of Securiport SUARL, Senegal
Will holds a BA degree from Stellenbosch University and an LLB degree from the University of Cape Town.