Victoria has a broad international commercial litigation practice which encompasses complex contractual disputes, allegations of conspiracy and fraud, shareholder and joint venture disputes and cases involving insolvency.
Victoria has experience in advising clients on all forms of dispute resolution, including litigation, arbitration, mediation and international investment arbitration. She has recently returned to our London office after a three-year secondment to the Madrid Dispute Resolution team, where she advised a variety of Spanish and international clients in commercial disputes in England, Spain and elsewhere.
Victoria's key experience includes advising:
- a major Chinese state-owned entity in relation to High Court claims concerning the acquisition of a majority stake in a media rights company
- a group of online gaming companies in relation to a significant trial in the Chancery Division of the High Court of England and Wales involving allegations of breaches of directors' duties and civil fraud, including advising in relation to two appeals on interim matters to the Court of Appeal
- an aircraft leasing company in relation to a high value trial in the Commercial Court (England and Wales) against an Italian airline, comprising a claim arising out of the supply of aircraft under a long term contract which was terminated early and defending a counterclaim brought under a related Italian law governed indemnity
- a high-net-worth family in relation to various long-running shareholder disputes in a number of European and Caribbean jurisdictions
- The Kingdom of Spain on the international arbitration claim filed by several investment funds based on the Energy Charter Treaty (regarding new solar photovoltaic Spanish legislation).
Victoria is an England and Wales qualified solicitor-advocate and has recently returned from a long term secondment to the Madrid dispute resolution team from one of our commercial dispute resolution teams in London.
Victoria holds a first class honours Law degree from the University of Cambridge, having spent one year studying European and Public International Law at the Universidad Autonoma de Madrid.