Victoria currently acts for a variety of Spanish and international clients in commercial disputes across the construction, infrastructure, energy and insurance sectors. Victoria has experience in advising clients on all forms of dispute resolution, including litigation, arbitration, mediation and international investment arbitration, and has acted on disputes involving complex commercial contracts, shareholder and joint venture agreements, insurance and reinsurance contracts and cases involving fraud and insolvency.
Prior to commencing her secondment in Madrid, Victoria acted on two major commercial trials in the London High Court and at appeal level, as well as advising clients on international commercial disputes in the construction, aviation, gaming, entertainment and sports sectors.
Victoria's key experience includes advising:
- The Kingdom of Spain on the international arbitration claim filed by several investment funds based on the Energy Charter Treaty (regarding new solar photovoltaic Spanish legislation)
- a Spanish contractor on a dispute with its client over extensions of time, additional costs and unpaid invoices arising out of a Saudi Arabian and Shari'ah law governed EPC Contract for a Waste Water project in Saudi Arabia
- a group of online gaming companies in relation to a significant trial in the Chancery Division of the High Court of England and Wales involving allegations of breaches of directors' duties and civil fraud, including advising in relation to two appeals on interim matters to the Court of Appeal
- an aircraft leasing company in relation to a high value trial in the Commercial Court (England and Wales) against an Italian airline, comprising a claim arising out of the supply of aircraft under a long term contract which was terminated early and defending a counterclaim brought under a related Italian law governed indemnity
- a major Chinese state-owned entity in relation to potential High Court claims concerning the acquisition of a majority stake in a media rights company
- a high-net-worth family in relation to various long-running shareholder disputes in a number of European and Caribbean jurisdictions
Victoria is an England and Wales qualified solicitor-advocate and she is on a long term secondment to the Madrid dispute resolution team from one of our commercial dispute resolution teams in London.
Victoria holds a first class honours Law degree from the University of Cambridge, having spent one year studying European and Public International Law at the Universidad Autonoma de Madrid.