Victor is a seasoned corporate M&A, investments and transactional lawyer with a particular focus in the technology, media and telecoms (TMT) sector. He has acted in numerous mergers and acquisitions, series fund raising exercises, joint ventures and corporate restructurings, advising funds, founders, financial investors, and TMT companies.
Currently based in Singapore, he is dual-qualified in Singapore as well as in England and Wales, and has spent several years practising in London. Victor has extensive experience in executing complex cross-border transactions in both developed and developing jurisdictions across APAC and EMEA. Client’s appreciate Victor’s keen attention to detail combined with his practical, commercially-minded, and sensible approach to the big picture. In particular, he is lauded for his ability to deftly navigate difficult situations under intense pressure and time constraints.
Victor's experience includes advising:
- SoftBank in respect of its investment in Grab, Hike Messenger and Ola
- one of the FAANGs, in respect of a strategic in respect of a strategic acquisition of a portfolio of technology assets
- Grab in respect of the establishment of its financial services joint ventures for digital lending and for digital insurance distribution
- Telefónica in respect of the spin-off of its digital health business, and subsequent investment by a consortium of private equity investors
- edotco Group, a leading integrated telecommunications infrastructure services company, and Axiata Group Berhad, in respect of a US$700 million primary and secondary sale to INCJ, Khazanah Nasional and KWAP
- Axiata Group Berhad, in respect of its divestment of a minority stake in Smart Axiata, a leading telco provider in Cambodia, to Mitsui & Co.
Victor has also spent time in an internal role as part of the Digital Law Group, a global, cross-practice and multi-disciplinary team spearheading the digital transformation of the firm.