Veronica has over two decades of experience working proactively with clients to help them secure merger clearances for acquisitions and joint ventures in the UK, EU and worldwide. She also helps clients to deal effectively with competition and regulatory investigations. Veronica also leads our global Foreign Direct Investment group and has significant experience advising on the applicability of FDI regimes.
Veronica advises clients in a wide range of sectors, with a focus currently on telecoms, media, leisure and consumer products. She has extensive experience of working with the CMA, Ofcom, Ofgem, BEIS and the European Commission.
Veronica has been commended for her pragmatic and commercial advice in what can be a complex area, as reflected in her recent listings in Chambers UK 2020 where clients describe her as "commercial, knowledgeable and unflappable" and in Legal 500 UK 2020 where she is lauded as "a true standout lawyer. She has a pleasant manner and provides razor-sharp legal analysis".
Veronica's experience includes advising:
- Bharti Group on its acquisition of the satellite company OneWeb jointly with the UK government, including obtaining merger and FDI clearances
- Telefónica SA on the European Commission's Phase II investigation into the £10.25 billion sale of its UK mobile business (O2) to Hutchison Whampoa (the owner of Three in the UK)
- Telefónica UK on the CMA's merger review of the acquisition of Everything Everywhere by BT and also on competition aspects of its network sharing arrangement with Vodafone
- MoneySupermarket.com on the CMA's review and clearance of its acquisition of Decision Tech, its joint venture with Icelolly and general competition compliance advice
- Royal Mail plc on competition and regulatory issues in respect of its privatisation
Based in our London office now, Veronica has 8 years of experience in our Brussels office.