Vanessa has extensive experience acting for clients in the financial services industry and in general corporate matters including restructuring, business sales and public and private corporate advisory work. Vanessa has undertaken client secondments to Scottish Widows, Moneysupermarket and British American Tobacco.
Vanessa's experience includes advising:
- British American Tobacco on the proposed merger with Reynolds American Inc. to create the largest listed global tobacco company
- Wesfarmers on the purchase of the Homebase business from Home Retail Group
- Mastercard on the acquisition of 5one, a technology solutions provider with operations in the UK, US and South Africa
- Precision Capital S.A., on the successful acquisition of KBL European Private Bankers S.A. (KBL epb), KBC Group NV's private banking subsidiary, for a total consideration of EUR 1.050 billion. KBL epb is one of Europe's largest onshore private banking groups with operations in nine countries across Europe: Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland and the UK
- Lloyds Banking Group on the intra-group consolidation and restructuring of its life insurance division under a Part 7 Scheme, by which the whole of the long-term insurance businesses of seven group entities (including Scottish Widows plc) were transferred to Clerical Medical Investment Group Limited