Valentin has sufficient experience supporting industrial and commercial construction projects. He also handles construction disputes related to contract performance and contract termination, and other commercial disputes.
Valentin has experience in working with different types of project documents: EPC, EP, EPCM, PMC, EPSS, technology licences, basic engineering agreements and has provided full assistance in negotiating construction contracts.
He has authored articles in Russian and foreign publications on various topics related to construction contracts and dispute resolution in this area.
Valentin's experience includes advising:
- RusChemAlliance (JV of Gazprom and RusGazDobycha) in relation to the legal aspects of its new integrated gas processing and LNG liquefaction project development in Ust-Luga, Russia, including EPC and EPSS contracts
- a major Russian oil company on basic engineering agreement and technology licences for a catalytic cracking plant in Russia
- an international mining and steel company on performing complex analysis and revision of an EPC contract for construction of a plant producing more than 300,000 tons of oil-well tubing per year*
- a Russian freight forwarder of mineral fertilizers in connection with a large-scale project to build an industrial and logistics park for mineral fertilizer storage and transhipment at the Kingissep Municipal District of the Leningrad Region. Further successful settlement of the dispute between the customer and the contractor regarding contract undue performance*
- a leading infrastructure company on preparing an overview of the largest transportation holding's court history concerning the use of contract models used in its operations, preparing recommendations on optimizing the holding’s contracting strategy, and drafting EPC and EPCM contracts for the holding’s major construction projects*
* Experience before joining Herbert Smith Freehills.
Valentin graduated with honours from the Russian State University of Justice. He also holds a master's degree from the Saint Petersburg State University. Prior to joining our firm, Valentin worked for another international law firm.