Based in Moscow, Vadim advises international and domestic lenders as well as sponsors and borrowers on secured and unsecured bilateral and syndicated loans, structured finance transactions and restructurings. Vadim specialises in international and domestic project finance transactions involving international, Russian and Asian banks, ECAs and multilaterals. Vadim has an in depth experience in oil and gas, petrochemical and infrastructure sectors.
Vadim has advised on a number of complex, award-winning transactions which involved innovative solutions and structures.
Vadims experience includes advising:
- Gazprom Pererabotka Blagoveshchensk LLC as the project company's legal adviser on the EUR11.3 billion project financing of a gas processing plant in Amur region
- lenders on the US$2.2 billion project financing of construction of a methanol production plant at the Far East of Russia
- lenders on the US$1.2 billion project financing of construction of a bulk cargo terminal in seaport Taman in Krasnodar region
- Gazprom, Wintershall and E.ON as project sponsors and the project company as borrower on the €1.1 billion project financing to develop Yuzhno-Russkoye gas field in Western Siberia, Russia (European Gas Deal of the Year, Project Finance International awards 2011; European Oil & Gas Upstream Deal of the Year, Project Finance Magazine 2011 and EMEA Oil and Gas Deal of the Year by EMEA Finance 2011)
- VTB Bank on an up to US$680 million equivalent dual-currency secured loan facility for PJSC "Commercial Port of Vladivostok" for the purposes of refinancing of the existing indebtedness under Euro and Russian bonds of the FESCO group (CEE Deal of the Year in Russia, 2017)
Vadim graduated from the M.M. Speransky law faculty of the Academy of National Economy under the Government of the Russian Federation and holds PhD in law. Vadim joined Herbert Smith Freehills in 2009 after several years with another top-tier finance firm in Moscow.