Victoria is a senior associate in the firm's Intellectual Property team.
Victoria’s practice covers a broad range of intellectual property issues, including IP litigation and disputes involving trade marks, passing off, copyright and confidential information. She also advises on complex contractual, brand protection and licensing issues, including major acquisitions and disposals, IP reorganisations and research and development agreements. Victoria has litigated disputes in both the High Court and Court of Appeal, and has experience dealing with trade mark issues at the UK IPO and EU IPO.
In 2018, 2019 and 2020 Victoria was recognised as a Rising Star for patents and trade marks in Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars.
Victoria has a law degree and a diploma in intellectual property law and practice, each from Oxford University.
Experience & expertise
- British American Tobacco on the patent licensing and commercial supply arrangements its capsule supply arrangements with French technology provider, Mane SAS
- British Society of Plant Breeders on the infringement of EU plant's breeders rights in varieties of wheat and barley.
- The Madison Square Garden Company ("MSG") in relation to the development of a live entertainment arena in Stratford. The work involves consideration of the intellectual property which may be created and used (and by who), as well as the ownership and licensing aspects of such IP for this project, and for future projects
- MSG to establish the identity of an advertiser behind a misleading and trade mark infringing advert referring to a live entertainment arena in Stratford
- British Music Group on its strategy with regard to trade mark infringement and passing off by Amazon in respect of use of BMG's ECHO brand (a record label)
- Jacobs Engineering Group Limited on an allegation of infringement of architect's copyright in a third party architect's bridge design
- Byron Hamburgers Limited on the re-brand of its stores and management of its trade mark portfolio
- Warner Music and Chappell Music Limited on impending infringement of copyright in its music catalogue by Spotify AB
- Penguin group in relation to copyright enforcement issues relating to Brexit and exhaustion of rights
- A financial services company on copyright infringement and potential breach of confidence and misuse of confidential information
- Virgin Atlantic on the licensing of the Virgin brand following the investment by Delta Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic on the acquisition of airline Flybe by a consortia, including the licensing of the relevant rights required to enable the 'Flybe' airline to operate under the 'Virgin' brand; as well as rebranding requirements of the existing fleet.